Fantasy Preview | Women's T20 Challenge | Trailblazers vs Velocity
Written By: Cricket Queens
Picture Courtesy: IPL/BCCI
Trailblazers lost their first game and now face a Catch-22 situation. They will be caught in-between trying most of the players that were benched for the first game vs. facing a must-win game scenario. The scenario is complex for them. They need to defeat Velocity by 30+ runs/20+ balls in order to topple them and set a date with Supernovas for the final. Whereas, all Velocity needs to do is either win & top the table, or just ensure that they don't lose by the aforesaid margin.
VENUE: MCA Stadium, Pune
The venue has been very good for the batters to enjoy success with barely anything available for the bowlers.
PACE OR SPIN:
The pacers have been finding movement early on and the spinners who look to bowl flat & use their arm-balls are succeeding more.
1) Smriti Mandhana: Will be vital as she could enjoy the Velocity attack
2) Deepti Sharma
3) Shafali Verma: Can take down the spin attack of the Trailblazers
4) Hayley Matthews
5) Laura Wolvaardt
6) Sneh Rana
7) Rajeshwari Gayakwad
1) Maya Sonawane: Unique wrist-spinner
2) Simran Bahadur: Looks to target the stumps more often & could easily clean up a couple of batters
3) Salma Khatun
4) Ayabonga Khaka
5) Aarati Kedar/Priyanka Priyadarshini: Kedar & Priyadarshini were the highest & 3rd highest wicket-taker respectively in the SWT20 Trophy
C - Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Hayley Matthews, Deepti Sharma
VC - Sneh Rana, Maya Sonawane, Rajeshwari Gayakwad