Fantasy Preview | Women's T20 Challenge | Supernovas vs Trailblazers
Written By: Cricket Queens
Picture Courtesy: Google Images
A new edition of the Women's T20 Challenge dons upon us with just the 4 matches to play for between the Trailblazers, Supernovas, & Velocity. Game 1 will be played between the Trailblazers & Supernovas at 19:30 IST on 22/05.
VENUE: MCA Stadium, Pune
This venue is known to aid the swing bowlers early on and the degree of swing is generally higher at this venue. With the pacers bowling in the range of 110-120, the swing will be more prodigious.
PACE OR SPIN:
The teams batting 1st won the last 7 IPL games with the average 1st innings score being 167 in those games. The pacers proved to be more effective at this venue than the spinners.
1) Richa Ghosh (WK)
2) Pooja Vastrakar
3) Deandra Dottin
4) Sophie Ecclestone
5) S. Meghana
6) Smriti Mandhana
7) Hayley Matthews
1) Sophia Dunkley: An in-form batter likely to bat at #4. It may not be a bad idea to leave her out either as she will have some tough bowlers to contend with.
2) Arundhati Reddy: A valuable RAP who could operate in the middle overs
3) Chandu V.: An off-spinner who is equally good against LHBs & RHBs
4) Shraddha Pokharkar: LAP who could take the new ball
5) Meghna Singh: RAP who can swing the bowl away from RHBs
C - Sophie Ecclestone, Deandra Dottin, Smriti Mandhana, Pooja Vastrakar, Shraddha Pokharkar, Hayley Matthews
VC - Richa Ghosh, S. Meghana, Sune Luus