Fantasy Preview | Women's Ashes | 3rd T20I
Written By: Jeet Vachharajani
Picture Courtesy: Getty Images
The two sides clash for one last time in the T20I series after the 2nd game was abandoned. Australia won the first game and will look to increase their lead before heading into the one-off Test. England put up a good score on the board in Game 1, but were let down massively by their bowlers.
VENUE: Adelaide Oval
Both the games proved why batting at the Adelaide Oval is relatively easy. There are always runs on offer at this venue.
HEAD-TO-HEAD (Last 5 games)
Australia - 2 | England - 2 | NR - 1
Australia: Alyssa Healy (WK). Meg Lanning (C), Tahlia McGrath, Rachael Haynes, Ashleigh Gardner, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Darcie Brown, Megan Schutt
England: Danni Wyatt, Tammy Beaumont, Nat Sciver, Heather Knight (C), Amy Jones (WK), Sophia Dunkley, Katherine Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Charlie Dean, Freya Davies
- Tayla Vlaeminck is a doubtful starter. Just like the previous game, Darcie Brown might continue to fill in for her and Brown is arguably the most disciplined express pacer in Australia, thus making her a must-have.
- Once again, the likes of Tahlia McGrath and Megan Schutt become important. Not to forget, Darcie also plays for the Adelaide Strikers.
- The all-round value players always fetch points. Nat Sciver, Heather Knight, Ashleigh Gardner, Grace Harris, & Jess Jonassen are the ones to have in your side besides McGrath.
- Alana King is a preferred option as a leggie over a struggling Sarah Glenn who was taken to the cleaners in the first game.
- Never leave out Sophie Ecclestone. She not only bowls in the PP, but also is used as a death bowler by England.
- Amy Jones can be preferred over Alyssa Healy for this game. England’s tactics look very straight. They will yet again open the bowling with Ecclestone to tackle Healy & Lanning.
- C/Vc choices will be Tahlia McGrath. Nat Sciver, Darcie Brown, & Tammy Beaumont. Knight can be avoided as she may not bowl much with Dean in the side.