Fantasy Preview | Women's Ashes | 1st T20I
Written By: Jeet Vachharajani
Picture Courtesy: Getty Images
The Women’s Ashes kicks off with the T20I series with the first match being a night game at the Adelaide Oval. England will be looking to regain the title that they have been bereft of since 2013-14.
The Adelaide Oval hasn’t held a single Women’s T20I game. The last edition of the WBBL saw 8 games being played at this venue which provides a lot of insight on how the pitches and the playing conditions are at this venue.
The average 1st innings score in those 8 games was only – 118. But, one must not forget that the score was on the lower side because the weaker teams of the edition batted first on most of the occasions.
Realistically, the 1st innings score should be above 145 easily. If Australia bat first, a score of 155+ also seems likely.
HEAD-TO-HEAD (Last 5 games)
LAST 5 MATCHES
Australia - 3 | England - 2
Australia: Alyssa Healy (WK). Rachael Haynes, Meg Lanning (C), Ellyse Perry, Tahlia McGrath, Ashleigh Gardner, Jess Jonassen, Nicola Carey, Alana King, Tayla Vlaeminck, Megan Schutt
England: Danni Wyatt, Tammy Beaumont, Nat Sciver, Heather Knight (C), Amy Jones (WK), Sophia Dunkley, Katherine Brunt, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Tash Farrant, Freya Davies
- Important to pick home players in Tahlia McGrath & Megan Schutt.
- Danni Wyatt has scored one of her two T20I centuries in Australia. But, she has an overall record of 324 runs at an average of just 17.
- All the English players who have played a decent amount of WBBL become a consideration. It includes the likes of Nat Sciver, Katherine Brunt, Tammy Beaumont, & Heather Knight. However, only Sciver & Knight seem to be in good form.
- Sophie Ecclestone recently picked up 7 wickets in a warm-up game and she becomes a valuable pick as well.
- All the Australian players have been actively playing cricket for the last few months and a ratio of 7:4 is recommended in favor of the Australian players.
- Good C/Vc choices will be Tahlia McGrath, Nat Sciver, Meg Lanning, & Rachael Haynes.
- Avoid Freya Davies, Sarah Glenn & Danni Wyatt.
- Alyssa Healy will be a better WK choice over Tammy Beaumont for this game.